SEA-MDI is excited to fund the following marine debris projects in NC, GA and SC. The projects began March 1, 2012 and will go through February 28, 2013. And there will be one more opportunity for funding, so keep watching for future announcements.
- Reading Between the Lines: Marine Debris Education for Children in Georgia, Georgia Marine Extension Service and Georgia Sea Grant College Program
- Clean Marine: Debris Free Waterways in Beaufort County, SC, South Carolina Sea Grant Consortium & Extension Program
- Fort Pulaski Marine Debris Initiative, Clean Coast and the National Park Service
- Georgia Sea Turtle Center Marine Debris Citizen Science and Education Program, Georgia Sea Turtle Center (GSTC)
- Plastic Debris on the Georgia Coast, Skidaway Institute of Oceanography and UGA Marine Extension Service
- Tracking Monofilament Line Recycling to Make a Difference for Our Wildlife, North Carolina Big Sweep Statewide Headquarters
Congratulations to all of our awardees!